1. What was the most valued thing you have learned in CSM?
CSM is a great experience. I learned how to work independently and how to identify what I want and then how to achieve it. It is important to not let go of any ideas you are sure of being good. Good ideas entice people to help you and give valuable advice.
2. Did you have an internship year? If yes where did you spend it? Any advices what students should concentrate the most during their placements?
My placement year was spent between London, Paris and New York. Any internship is a useful experience to a various extent, which you realise in retrospect. Sometimes you learn new skills, other times you get an opportunity to practice skills you already have… Another time you just get to meet amazing people or an amazing city.
3. What are you doing now after graduating? What it is like?
I design for a fashion label. It is extremely challenging. I enjoy it a lot. But I must admit – sometimes fashion hurts.
4. Where are you from? Do you plan to go back? Why yes/not?
I’m from Ukraine. I will never move back there but I like to visit.
Since I left the homeland, I found places that are way more suited for my living, so no point to revert.
5. What can you recommend to the final years?
Perhaps to think less about what the collection should look like in a context of a graduate show, but more about what they think somebody would love to wear… This way the satisfaction with one’s own collection doesn’t wear off quite as quickly.
Photographer: Clark Franklyn
Model: Lois Blamire