Our showroom intern role consists of daily administrative tasks including organising, checking, packing and taking care of the samples, a great deal of e-mailing and calling, communicating with stylists and photographers, but also researching and brainstorming ideas for the development of exciting future projects. (Also there’s talks we organise, the magazine, the website, parties… everything happens in the same room!) It’s a great opportunity for anyone who wants to have a fair amount of responsibility and is eager to learn how a showroom operates. You’ll make key industry contacts, meet the most talented emerging designers and acquire an insight about the realities of starting your own business.
You will need (at least a couple of) these skills:
• A thorough knowledge and interest in the contemporary fashion landscape (designers, magazine titles, photographers and stylists);
• An organised mindset;
• The ability to act under pressure in very fast paced situations;
• Comfortable with using Google Drive and Microsoft Excel (InDesign knowledge welcome but not necessary);
• A lot of energy, patience and eagerness to take more responsibility as the internship proceeds.
Most importantly: we are a close-knit team, we have a good time and we need someone who wants to be part of our family, learn and evolve with us! If this sounds like something you can do or, more importantly, feel like doing and committing to – for a minimum of 3 months starting in September
– send us a short cover letter and your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
. It should include some info about yourself, stating what you would like to learn and why you want to learn with us.
We very much look forward to meeting you!